Friday, April 14, 2006

So, here's a funny story for ya...

Last night I decided it was about that time to restock on a few essential groceries. So, as usual, I caravaned down to good old Wal-Mart to take advantage of the cheap prices, and wide variety of product. About half way through my shopping trip, I start pushing my cart away from the shampoo aisle, and trek on over to the Easter section to buy some grass for my basket this Sunday. Now for those of you who know me, you won't be surprised to hear that I became slighty sidetracked when I came upon a free sample of a chocolate cookie item. I think that's about the time that I parked my cart against a box full of giant rubber balls, took my free sample(and then some) and ventured into the napkin and plastic cup section. When I came back to "my cart" a minute or two later, arms laden with essential life products, I began to place these items in "my cart." Then suddenly it hit me. The items in the shopping cart I had parked by the rubber balls were not mine, and my original cart was no where in sight. Now this is the part of the story that I am most frightened by I suppose, because the level of consciousness that my memory is working at is around 2%. So at this point in my journey(please do not ask me why I did the following, because even I cannot recall the answer) I for some reason decide that I must have been mistaken about the rubber ball cart and left mine over by the free chocolate cookie samples. So with a new and very confused mind, I head on over to the dairy section to restock in milk and orange juice. This is when I came across an old friend of mine, Sara Lawhorn(used to be Burton), and we began to chat about life issues. I grabbed a gallon of 2% milk and began telling her the story of taking the wrong cart, when low and behold I discovered that the items in my new cart were once again not what I had gotten. I couldn't believe I had done it again and Sara and I had a good laugh over the whole situation. I then decided that I must have left my cart over by the shampoo, and Sara said she would accompany me back to my original carts location. We made it over to our destination to find that I had in fact left my cart there in the first place, and I was very relieved to find it in tact. Sara and I then did some more shopping together in order to catch up on old times. After we finished, we were both headed to check out and sharing a good laugh over my cart dilemma, when she looked over and discovered that once again, the cart I was pushing was not mine. We nearly fell over from sidesplitting laughter, and wondered where my groceries could be this time. Luckily, they were only around 5 aisles back, and once again, all my items were in place.
So the moral of the story is that if you ever find your cart at Wal-Mart missing, just look for me and you're sure to solve the mystery.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I can't believe I did this 3 times in one trip, when I've never done it before in my life. Wow. What the heck was I thinking.

Anonymous said...

This can't be serious....

clb said...

i did that once. i got all the way to the other side of the store and realized i had a cart full of boxes of stuff that an "associate" was stocking. that's what happens when you get high and then go to walmart.
clb

Sara said...

Being high would have been a reasonable excuse. But I was far from being high and it was just a typical thursday eavening around 7 pm.