Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sandblast 2006

So this past weekend 6 of us Fayettevillians trucked on up to Chigago to play in the Ultimate tournament Sandblast. I'm gonna say right off the bat that it rates in my top 3 tourny's ever. Maybe even space one or two. The team I played on, Team Gladiators, was in the spirit division which made the whole shebang that much more fun. I was the gladiator Zap, but a few others were Siren, Lazer, Malibu, Thunder, Blaze, Blazer, and many more. We went 3 and 4 (I think), but it didn't matter because I'm fairly certain everyone had a blast. A big thanks to Rachel Driver and her roomate Judy who let us stay with her, and with any luck they will let us back next year.
Team Gladiators.
5 on the line. I absolutely loved the format of play on the sand. With smaller fields and only 5 people to cut in that space, it made games way easier than I first anticipated.
Here comes Joy looking to pick a fight.
And of course the two of us battling it out to the end like all true gladiators do.
Malibu and Wayne being Zima'd. (How does one say that?)
Strawberry vs. Siren
Our impressive inventions allowed us to determine who won the pull through battle.

No comments: