Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So on Monday after the tournament, us Arkansas folk decided to stick around Chicago for a day and check out the King Tut exibit at The Field Museum. I was actually a tiny bit disapointed because they would not let us take photos while browsing the ancient Egyptian artifacts, and there wasn't even actually of Tutankhamun or any of his cofins. But none-the-less it was very neat to see all of the objects in real life that I have been looking at in text books since I was in Elementary school. The actual museum itselft wasn't too bad either, but I'm not gonna lie, I've been to better. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know in the 5 hours I was there. This is the memorial to all of the U.S. war groups. You know, the army, navy, etc.
Some sculptures.
The only king tut picture I got, while in the gift shop.
Bunch-o-cats.
Meet Sue. She/he is 13 ft tall and 42 ft long, and 67 million years old. They named this Tyrannosaurus rex Sue after the lady who found it.

Totem pole?

No comments: