Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fireworks and Cowboys

Ellen and I decided to saddle up this 4th of July and head on out to the Rodeo! I must admit it was worth the cash to get in, and my body is still punishing me for the caramel apple, funnel cake, and greasified homade cheesy potato chips I devoured. As you're about to see, the Rodeo is definitel where it's at.
Cherry limades and cowboy boots. Not to mention the awsome wood plank bleachers with seating numbers burned in with a marking iron.
Yup. Nuf said.
Right here a cowboy is about to wrangle up this running white calf and tie him up by the neck and legs. It was actually quite sad to watch, and I had to turn my head once or twice.
Here is Ellen and I's "I'm bout' to saddle up on that there horse and show em' all how we do it here in the south" faces. As you might be able to tell, Ellen and I have two different images in our minds.
MMmmm.....Fireworks show.
The show actually lasted about 20 minutes, which is way too long in my opinion. I wasn't even watching by the end of the 2nd song. My camera has this cool fireworks setting though that I took full advantage of.

No comments: