Sunday, March 18, 2007

La Feria

About a 15 minute walk from my house on Saturdays takes me to this produce market that sits in the shade of the Saprissa stadium. Normally I am reluctant to take out my camera, or even bring it to such crowded public areas, but I decided it was high time I got some photos of surprisingly one of the only markets in San Jose.


Kate with her coconut...

Yup, people with grocery carts.
The man with the small machete that sold the coconuts.
They actually called these plum sized things soaking in water coco, because they are in the family of the coconut.

Supposedly the flower of a cauliflower? I think I misheard him.

A new vegetable to me(and trust me there are a lot of these, a lot of new fruits too) called yuca. I find it to be similar to a potato, but chewier. It's weird.

No comments: