Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Montezuma with mum

This past weekend my mom and I spent our time in a little town called Montezuma on the Pacific side. Besides the transportation issues we were having, it was on of the most relaxing weekends yet. The hotel was amazing, with beautifully hand crafted wood furniture, and hammocks hung between palm trees facing the beautiful ocean view.
A group of seagulls followed our ferry across as passengers threw food in the air at them.

What do ya think Mark? It was way cooler in person, and I didn't get it from the best angle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at Lake Superior on a boat that took us out to an island for a few hours (Isle Royal). On the way out there and back the wife of the captain (and older couple which made it twice as fun) gave me a bunch of bread to give to the seagulls that followed the boat.
The boat was moving along at 10 knots or so and if I held my piece of bread out over the side, a seagull would fly right along with the boat and just fast enough to take the bread right out of my hand in mid-flight....it was very cool.

As for that picture, it's an island, right? It has a fault escarpment on your side and I imagine a pretty big cliff on the other side. Isla Guayabo?

-Mark