Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bocas del Toro

Well the first thing I did once classes were over was buy a bus ticket to Panama where I met my brother in Bocas. I stayed there a few days and then went with him to some sort of Peace Corps party in a tiny town called Miramar, that most likely held around 20-30 families. Or at least that's how it appeared. It took 20 minutes of people seeing my brother, his friend and I sitting outside of one of two convenient stores in the town and yelling into the house next to us, "hey, you've got costomers" before a woman in her late 50's wandered out lazily and unlocked the store. And then in this store we managed to find some dusty cans of tuna and every brand of mayonaise you could dream up. mmmmmm....
Road behind Mondo Taitu, the hostel I stayed at in Bocas.

A bar called Shipwreck because it was built over a sunked ship. Go figure.
Sunrise.
The view from the hostel in Miramar.
Hitching a ride in the back of a truck from Miramar to another village in order to get a bus to David, from where I went straight to Panama City.

No comments: