Monday, October 13, 2008

Am I a Sarah bandit?

Some say that this young lady and I look alike, but when Sarah Hughes and I stand side by side I'm fairly certain that we just look like plausible sisters. In the past bartenders have asked, "Sarah, would you like a drink?" And when I respond yes and they give me a drink and say it's on the house, I always wonder if they think they have just given a drink to Sara Taylor or Sarah Hughes the local folk singer. I would have to make an educated guess that around once a week at the least someone tells me they really enjoyed my show the other night, and around once a month I get a big hug from someone asking what I am doing in town, since Miss Hughes recently moved to Austin. It's not really a hard life being a faux Sarah, so maybe I'll just grab a guitar and milk it for all the sweet beer I can drink.