Monday, January 22, 2007

Arenal Volcano

So something that I have wanted to do ever since I finished up geology is to see a volcano and hike around it in person. Well I did it. While cruising around Costa Rica we, me and another ISA student Kate, went on a tour around Arenal. It was very beautiful and I wish we had had more time to explore and enjoy the scenery.

Apparently the last time this guy exploded was in May of 2006. He's pretty regular I guess.Kate and I.







I told the guide that I was Tarzan's wife.


A Tuscan. But I didn't get a very good picture because I was zoomed in all the way and the little guy flew away right after this shot.
The jungle.

Apparently this is a fresh water stream from mountain runoff and is OK to drink. At least for the locals, not for us USA city folk.
Happy

The trail.
I zoomed in after our hike to get a close up of the volcanoes mouth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course that is the vent.

Anonymous said...

I agree, mouth is a riparian word. Was that lava rock you were standing on aa or pahoihoi? hehe, keep taking more and more pics, my "wanting to go to Costa Rica" bar is about to bust its top... -Sitton