Friday, April 20, 2007

Qué oscuro

So I'm not completely sure how many nation-wide blackouts you guys have experienced, but until today I was at zero. Around 6 pm tonight(mind you while I was in the bathroom, not a good time) all of the electricity in COSTA RICA went out. This means that only those places with electric generators were able to produce light, and the rest of us played Rumi-Kub by candle light for 6 hours. Yes, 6 hours. Apparently something went wrong at some major power plant in Limon, and it took 6 hours to get a handle on, so score one for me. Oh, and apparently the last time the power went out like this in Costa Rica was 10 years ago when the aliens came to suck energy out of the volcanoes(I think there are 9 of them here), or at least that's according to my neighbors. Nicole and my host brother Daniel about to start up some Rumi-Kub action.


What a horrible combination of numbers and colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aliens came to suck energy out of volcanoes? Don't you mean scientologists?