Saturday, September 11, 2010

Behold!

May I please present to my vast internet audience the Elementary School of Emberá Puru del Río San Juan Piquiní, along with it's 28 or so students(2 are lefties)grades 1-6 all in one classroom and the lovely Profesora Anayanci!

Here's the not so bad view from the steps of the school at around 6:45am, which is what time I arrive to teach class. Coffee in hand, I await the struggled arrival of the students along with the inevitable 'crema' the PTO moms are cooking up (which I dream about nightly, salivating slightly all over my pillow).

1 comment:

Andrew Burnett said...

Sara,

Great to see that the village has it's own school! I visited there with a Youth With A Mission group in the summer of '08. They had to walk up to the other village. Keep up the good work you are doing there for the Embera people.

Blessings and be safe,

Andrew Burnett
andrew@goodimpressions.us
Portland, OR