Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jaco

Wow what a weekend. I went to Jaco which is on the Pacific side, and had a great time. The big part of my weekend though was learning a bit how to surf. I started out with a long board and actually didn't really have any problems standing. Then I tried the shortboard and barely caught more than 2 or 3 waves, never once actually getting past having one foot on the board. I can't wait to go back to the ocean to try it again. Also, I came to the decision that when I grow up, I want to live on the beach at the foot of great big mountains in a foreign country. Good idea, no? Actually, that sounds a bit like what I'm doing already.

After we finished for the day.
Outside our door at the hostel.

I missed the best part of this sunset.
Making PB&J's at the hostel.
HUGE 32 oz smoothies.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I spent a very memorable day at Jaco beach way back when I was 16 with all my lovely soccer girl friends. The waves were sweet...but then we almost all drowned in the riptides. Luckily, our 6'8" coach was able to save us. Good times, though. Can I come with you?

Rachel

Sara said...

Ya I heard that the riptides were awefull, but I never got into one so I was fine. This weekend though, I'm headed over to Puerto Viejo to sit around on the carribean beach, maybe rent some bicycles and wander about the country side. Bus leaves at 6 a.m. You can make it right?