Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Goodbye Tibas

I decided that since I only have one or two more nights left to spend in San Jose that I'd take a few photos of what I see on my walk home from the bus. The first photo is of the playground that the bus stops at last, where I get off, that I love to go to in order to escape being inside. I find it's really nice sitting in the sun with the wind blowing in your face while eating an ice-cream cone and listening to children play. One time though, apparently two fellas noticed me walking there and so they left the bar they were at and climbed up to where I was sitting. And while sitting there drinking the two beers they brought with them these two shirtless black toothed guys started trying to talk to me about drugs and if I wanted to do any with them while 5 year old kids ran around them. So I've been a little more cautious of the route I take to get there since then.
The playground. Pretty much one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen kids allowed to play with, super fun though.

Typical street corner in San Jose.
The boy wants peace. This little girl was trying to get me to take her photo, but when I finally went to take it, she acted terrified. Cute little thing though.

No comments: